These violent delights have violent ends…
Lucky is the TV show that manages to get all the attention right from it’s pilot. It has the story, the characters, the theme and the hype that makes it a hit right from the beginning, and most shows that gather that level of positive responses have something out of the box to offer. Westworld, ladies and gentlemen, is one of them.
Here are my top 6 reasons to watch this fascinating tale of a world within a world:
- It’s a mind boggler: Westworld plays tricks on your mind forcing you to imagine things that may or may not be true, but you think about them, no matter what. Each episode throws some mystery or has clues to keep you occupied even after the show is over. It is so twisted that you’ll go bananas over some episodes and will only get a clear picture of events in the later parts of the season.
- The premise: It’s huge! The characters, the expanse and levels of the park are vast. Just like the guests in the park, you’re always discovering something new in this journey. It’s not just a battle between robots and humans, and who is superior. There are deeper secrets entwined in the roots of the park and the company that runs it.
- The video game point: You don’t just watch Westworld, you play along it. That might be just me, but the show gives you a retro video game vibe. The guests in the park are living their wildest fantasies and so are you by deciphering each episode and the mystery it contains. The maze, the door to consciousness will quite engulf you into unlocking them.
- Unpredictability: No matter how hard you try, you cannot guess what’s about to happen, unless you’re a total genius unlike me and get everything from start to end. Anybody can die, anybody can revive (the robots you thought were humans) and anybody can betray regardless of their origin. There’s always something bizarre happening in Westworld.
- It’s beautiful: The beauty of Westworld lies in its combination of western theme and unbelievable tech control. There’s so much blood and gore and science (not saying science is ugly!) yet it all plays like a dream. The music and the world of Westworld is hauntingly beautiful.
- Cast: It has some very adept names, such as Anthony Hopkins, Evan Rachel Wood, Ed Harris, Thandie Newton and James Marsden. These people backed by an immensely good plot means performances that don’t go unnoticed.
If this blog post has interested you then you should watch Season 1 before the premiere of Season 2 on April 22nd, 2018.
Until next time, this is Zee signing off –
If you liked this post, don’t forget to hit like and subscribe!